David J. Roughley has been involved in the development of new technology for over thirty five years. Commercialization aspects have predominated since entering the consulting field 26 years ago. Currently engaging in SME and industry development activities in the British Columbia and Canadian technology sectors, David works extensively with small companies, industry associations, academia, and provincial and government agencies on outreach, internal planning, funding proposals, and technology intelligence assignments. He often works in collaboration with other experts, consultants, and authorities, actively managing the team to successful conclusions.
I have come to realize that technology itself is never more than a tool. And much depends on the aims and motives of its users and developers. New thinking is fundamental to achieving new outcomes. My aim is to help clients to recognize and explore their choices, leading to clearer and more achievable business goals
- Strategy development and proposal writing for academic led industry initiatives requiring public and private sector funding.
- Web-based survey development of emerging technology communities.
- Analysis of business and technical data in relation to industry requirements.
- Presenter and invited conference speaker on business and technology trends in unmanned aerial vehicles, the composites industry, nanotechnology, the global semiconductor industry, and diamond film technology.
- Facilitation and workshop development supporting groups involved in commercial development of unmanned aerial vehicles, building and constructions codes related to energy efficiency, and internal planning.
- Project leadership of studies on nanotechnology, composite materials, and various aerospace technologies.
- Monitoring, report writing, and editing material for Nanomaterials and Polymer Matrix Composites areas of ExplorerTM program of SBI-I.